Thursday, July 14, 2011

Two Birds Soaring on the Wind of Love

Life throws curve balls, and from each curve ball, one must determine how to swing. I was dealt a curve ball recently, as I didn't bargain to meet such an awesome person while living in Chicago. Please pause, now, to read the title of my blog: Ever Upward - A Quest for Daily Inspiration. How do you suppose I could find inspiration in leaving Chicago, and physically leaving someone whom I have fallen for so deeply? That's another curve ball at which I must determine how to swing. I have an understanding, though, from doing this before, that it's not as much of an ordeal as most make it to be.

On the same topic, let me inform you that until there is absolutely nothing left, I will fight to have the opportunity to love, and to love someone who is so beautiful and rare. I cannot measure such beauty in the physical things that I have been dealt, but rather the quality of the person with whom this beauty is associated. The quality of the character of this person is steps above others that I have known in the past. The quality of the person's heart, smile, laugh, and sense of humor shines like the sun. The quality of the person's embrace and kiss, warmth and passion for simple things in life is more than I believed could fit into one being.

The idea of not having the opportunity to watch you grow and nurture our love is tough to fathom. Still, I don't ponder such terrible ideas, as they're not in the cards. One question has lingered in my mind for a time: Why let go of something that is so good? There's no sense in doing that, but the concept of doing such a thing is the bane of so many people. It's a serious question worth serious consideration.

Two birds soaring on the wind of love.

Wake up and return to Earth, please. Life is not over.

No comments: